Thursday, February 9, 2012

Unseen Scenes from Bellevue Pt. 4

This is a classic case of "blowing the photo."  I distinctly remember trying to figure out why I couldn't get the photo to look like I wanted and fumbling around with my lights and whatnot, but feeling the pressure because Cole was really wanting to bang this one out.  I eventually just told him to go for it and shot the photo how I had everything set and running with it.  I really wish I had been able to figure something better out because this trick is absolutely insane.

I'm not sure, but I think only one other person had ever skated the 5th step at this spot (Jeremiah Stevens did frontside 50-50).  Most people only skate the 3rd step and consider skating the 4th step as "skating the top."  That's probably not true anymore.  What's even more insane is that Cole is skating this from the "short side" of the spot where there isn't as much run-up as the other side.  I guess it's a little bit straighter approach, but you've got a lot less time to set up.  Let's just say that it's silly to be nosegrinding way up there.

Cole didn't even try to do backside 50-50s on this thing this day, he went straight into the nosegrind.  From what I remember it didn't take him long at all.  That's true of Cole most of the time.

Oh, I also just remembered that after he did this nosegrind, he started trying to backside 50-50 the 6th stair.  He was getting into it most tries, but was so squatted down that he couldn't really hold the grind or start to come out of it.  I have no clue if he went back and did the 50-50, but it wouldn't surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment