Tuesday, February 14, 2012

First Time in a Long Time.

Dave Kappa's been in town for a couple of weeks and has gotten me back into the swing of shooting photos.  Sure, I've only been able to go out with them once, but I'm thinking about shooting a lot more these days.  That's progress, right?  Who knows.

Brooks had already done this 5-0 (and other tricks) on this hubba for video the night before and was just warming up for a bigger (and more insane-o) trick when I met up with them.  He was stressing pretty hard when I got there because the run up for this thing sucks.  It's one push at a 90 degree angle to the ledge, turn hard left, and ollie.  The hubba itself is really good, but can be scary.  When you grind it, you're actually grinding the rail, but your wheels are rolling on the uber-gritty concrete, so it looks and feels like you're not going to grind.  It's literally a "hop-and-hope" situation, but then you realize that it's a perfect square rail that you're hitting.  Brooks finally got in the groove and did probably 10 50-50s in a row, then 10 5-0s.  It was awesome to see.  You'll have to wait for Kappa's video to see the rest of the bangers he's done at this spot.

I've only ever seen one other person step to this thing, but Brooks has been on a mission lately and has been killing it.  From what I've heard about the tricks he's been putting down lately, his part in Kappa's video is going to be even gnarlier than his part in the Bellevue video.  That's going to be ridiculous to see.

I wish I would've taken the time to work out the kink in the 3rd flash I was using to set up a nice rim light on him, but it was giving me fits, it was kinda cold, and I could tell Brooks was already stressing, so I didn't want to add to the situation.  For what it's worth, the flash started working as soon as we were setting up for the big trick.  Gotta love technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment